Description and Expectations:
Chestnut Mountain Ranch Christian School is seeking an enthusiastic Middle School and High School teacher for our year-round all-boys school. This position is for a ministry-minded, passionate, ambitious person who has superior oral and written communication skills, is knowledgable and studied regarding their subject material, and has a passion for reaching young men through distinctly Christian education. A successful candidate will:
- Provide and be accountable for the planning, assessment, instruction, safety, and management of an all-male student population both inside and outside the classroom
- Work independently as well as with a professional team
- Be proactive and engaging, quickly establishing rapport with students
- Love teaching and educating young men
- Assist young men in learning attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and future leaders
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in teaching, education, or desired specialization preferred.
- Previous experience working with students. Classroom teaching experience preferred. Prior work with at-risk student population preferred.
- ACSI Teaching Certification. If not currently certified, willingness to complete ACSI certification requirements within two years is required. State teaching license preferred.
Spiritual / Personal
- Christian of high moral and ethical character who attends church regularly
- Full agreement with Chestnut Mountain Ranch’s Statement of Faith
- Desire to disciple young men and be discipled by co-workers and administrators
- Integration of Biblical/Christian Worldview into subject material
$26-30,000 yearly salary