Looking to hire for current school year and beyond!
Purpose of Position
- Provide instruction at an appropriate instructional level (individually and collectively) to at-risk MS/HS boys integrating a Biblical worldview into the curriculum.
- Provide and be accountable for the planning, assessment, instruction, communication, safety, and management of an all-male student population for the duration of our year-round school both inside and outside the classroom.
- Assist students in learning attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and future leaders.
- Assess and encourage student progress regarding individual strengths and weaknesses, student engagement, and student performance.
- Manage the learning environment using time efficiently and maintaining appropriate student behavior.
- Follow professional practices consistent with Chestnut Mountain Ranch policies when working with students, student records, parents, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Comply with policies from Chestnut Mountain Ranch Board of Directors.
- Ensure steady logistical operation of the school day, including, but not limited to: punctuality, completed unit/lesson plans, adherence to CMR program and CMRCS curriculum, effective planning for absences, et. al.
- Maintain superior oral and written communication skills with knowledge and study of subject material.
- Christian of high moral and ethical character who regularly attends church.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in teaching, education, or content area preferred.
- Previous experience working with students. Classroom teaching experience preferred. Prior work with at-risk student population preferred.
- ACSI Teaching Certification. (If not currently certified, willingness to complete ACSI certification requirements within two years is required.)
- Full agreement with Chestnut Mountain Ranch’s Statement of Faith.
- Desire to disciple young men and be discipled by co-workers and administrators.
- Enthusiastic, ministry-minded, passionate ambition for reaching students through distinctly Christian education.
- Able to work independently as well as a part of a professional team.
- Proactive and engaging, quickly establishing rapport with students.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $28,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year