Chestnut Mountain Ranch will establish an academic environment to motivate the student to use his gifts and abilities for God’s glory. (Prov. 22:6) Consistent encouragement, meaningful relationships and quality instruction will help the student and his family realize God’s purpose in every aspect of their lives and equip them to make sound choices.
Chestnut Mountain Ranch (CMR) is located just 6 miles south of Morgantown, West Virginia on 225 beautiful acres. The Ranch is a Christ-centered safe haven for boys and families in crisis… a place for family restoration, where boys can enjoy school again, and all can experience positive family values.
We modeled CMR after the 25+ year program called Eagle Ranch. Located in Georgia, Eagle Ranch is nationally recognized as one of the best programs in the country, and has been featured on notable programs such as CNN News.
These are the beliefs that help to guide the staff in our efforts to help the boys, and their families, experience the wonderful things God is able to do in our lives.
- Every student is constantly learning
- Every word and action of the teacher needs to speak godliness into the student’s life
- As the student develops a relationship with Jesus, God’s transforming power molds his character enabling him to become God’s image-bearer (intellectually, morally, relationally, and emotionally)
- The student needs to be trained to properly represent God as His image-bearer
- Every student learns best in a relational, tutorial approach where curriculum and environment are tailored to meet his individual needs
- Healthy relationships with adults are vital to a student’s academic, physical, and spiritual development
- The student is able to learn from the natural consequences of his decisions in a well-structured, consistent, safe and supportive environment
“You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds.” – Ephesians 4:22-23
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” – 2 Corinthians 5:17